Thursday, February 24, 2011

EASY MACARONI AND CHEESE

I like macaroni and cheese, but just don't want to go to all the work of boiling the pasta and then cooking the sauce. I know it sounds kinda lazy doesn't it, but oh well, that's who I am.
I came upon this recipe years ago and immediately knew I was going to like it. Can you guess why? That's right, it's easy. And Fast, and did I say easy. I mean this one is so easy the kids could make it, and I am pretty sure mine did. At least that is how I remember it, but sometimes I don't remember things exactly as they happened, this is what my children tell me.
Ok, so here is the recipe and now you have to try it, because why? IT'S EASY. Oh yeah, and good!!!!
MACARONI AND CHEESE

2 cups raw macaroni
2 1/4 cups hot water
1 pound cottage cheese
8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Mix it all together. Put in a greased square baking dish or casserole dish, whatever you want to use. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 min. Stir it about half way through. It might take longer, depending on your oven. Serves 4-6.

I did something a little different this time around making it, I put the cottage cheese in the food processor. It made it more the consistency of ricotta cheese. Worked fine, so do whichever you want. I also put some bread crumbs on it this time and that was good, but not something I had ever done before.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment