Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Great Winter Meal
I needed my son-in-law Brent to come over last night and do some manual labor for me, so I bribed him with supper. I have several son-in-laws that this trick works with. Oh wait a minute, for those of you who are more refined that I am, let me restate this. I bribed him with DINNER. Whatever it was it was free food and it worked.
I fixed a new favorite of mine that I got from my dear sweet niece Jill. This is such an easy meal to prepare and yet it is very satisfying. It has been a hit with everyone who eats it. Hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we do.

One Skillet Wonder


1 pound hamburger
5-6 potatoes
1-2 cans carrots drained, or use fresh sliced, whichever you like
1 large onion sliced
2 cans cream of chicken soup

Brown hamburger in large skillet,drain and wipe out skillet. Put thinly sliced potatoes in bottom of skillet. On top of the potatoes add the carrots.The browned hamburger goes on top of the carrots. Put the onions on next. Add the 2 cans of soup and spread on top.
Cover with lid and cook on med. heat 30-40 minutes, til the potatoes are done.
You can check for doneness ( is that a word?) by sticking a sharp knife down into the mixture.

I like to use my food processor for the potatoes and the onions. Makes the process go much faster. Cooking time depends on the thickness of the potatoes.
This is a nice meal on a cold winter evening.
Enjoy!




















2 comments:

  1. Carlene,
    What do you do to keep the potatoes from sticking to the bottom of the pan (and burning) while it's cooking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, THANKS for the stove top recipe!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete