Monday, January 31, 2011

BREAD PUDDING


Ok, so you are just going to have to take my word on this one since the picture really doesn't do it any favors. As Macy was telling me, "You need a light box".
I was really hungry the other night for a dessert but I didn't want something really sweet. Well after looking around and giving it some thought I came up with this recipe for bread pudding. It was good hot out of the oven, but I also liked it the next day cold. I could have made a sauce for it and maybe next time I will, but I just wasn't in the mood for anything that sweet. In the picture you will see it has some almonds in it but I really didn't like the texture they gave to it so I am omitting them in the recipe. You can always add them if you like, or pecans might be nice too.

BREAD PUDDING
3 eggs,
2 cups milk, I used skim since that is all I ever use.
1 cup fat free half n half
1/2 cup sugar
20 slices french bread. This was several days old and it was packaged in 2 small loaves, so you would probably use less if you have a regular size loaf of french bread. You could probably use just regular old white bread too.
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Beat eggs. Add milk, half n half, sugar, flavorings and cinnamon.
Tear the bread into pieces and put it in an 8x8 buttered baking dish.
Pour the milk mixture on top and push the bread down so the milk gets all over it.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
Eat hot or cold.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment