Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sloppy Joes

I like sloppy joes, but I can't really say it's something that I ever crave or think I really want. I usually end up making them when I am in a hurry and don't have anything else to make.
Well I wasn't in a hurry tonight, and I had leftovers to eat, but I didn't want mashed potatoes and noodles again since I had them for lunch. I did have a pound of hamburger in the fridge that I knew I needed to make something with, so hence the sloppy joes. I knew I had a can of sloppy joe mix in the pantry and just as I was about to get it I remembered Whitley always makes hers from scratch. I make mine from scratch sometimes too, but it I don't have an exact recipe and sometimes they turn out and sometimes they don't. Well I decided I wanted some good sloppy joes so I gave Whit a call and got her recipe. Let me just say this, they were delicious. Nothing fancy about a sloppy joe but these were really tasty, especially when you add a few dill pickle slices on the bun.



I will never buy canned sloppy joe sauce again since I have this new recipe. It's a keeper for sure.

Sloppy Joes

1 pound hamburger, fried and drained
Add
1 cup catsup
1 tablespoon mustard
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon worchestershire sauce

mix and heat and serve.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. YUM!! Keep the recipes coming Carlene!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just wondering what I should make with my baked potatoes. I'm thinking it will be sloppy joes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonight was sloppy joe night. When I went to the cupboard for Manwich there was none...oh no!!! But then I remembered your recipe. Everyone loved this. No more Manwich for us. Next I am dying to try the red velvet cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete