Monday, January 24, 2011







LITTLE BROWNIE BITES

I have been wanting to make some little brownies in my tart pans so today was a good day, since it was snowing and kinda yucky outside. If you like peanut butter then you will like these. Nothing fancy and nothing hard. I just used a regular box brownie mix and then made a peanut butter icing. I really wanted to fill the brownies, but my icing was a little too thick. It actually was a recipe for peanut butter bars, so if I do these again I will just use a regular peanut butter icing recipe.
I also did these with raspberry jam filling and raspberry butter cream icing that I was much more pleased with, but then I LOVE, I mean LOVE RASPBERRY.
So if you love peanut butter or raspberry these should satisfy the craving.
Enjoy!


BROWNIE BITES

1 box of your favorite Brownie mix, using the directions for cake like brownies.
raspberry jam

Make according to directions. Put into well greased mini muffin tins. I have nonstick, but I still buttered them.
I used a small cookie dough scoop and it made about 42 brownie bites.
Bake at 350 for 12 min. It is very important to let these cool completely or they will fall apart when trying to get them out of the pans. I just used a table knife and pried one side loose and they came right out.
I used a decorating icing tip to put the jam into the brownie.
Just put some jam into an icing bag with the tip, push the tip down into the brownie, squeeze and pull out. You can also use a baggie and snip a hole in the end and then use the tip with that.

I won't share the recipe for the peanut butter icing since it wasn't one I will probably use again, but here is the Raspberry icing recipe

RASPBERRY BUTTER CREAM ICING
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups powdered sugar. I usually sift mine to get rid of any lumps
2 tablespoons whipping cream
4 tablespoons raspberry jam
Mix the butter and powdered sugar til fluffy.
Add the whipping cream and the raspberry jam. Mix well
Ice the brownies and try not to eat them all.

I am really enjoying doing this blog and I can't believe I downloaded the pictures all by myself. Macy, you will be very proud of your mother. The downside of this is I have too many good things in my house to eat. Tonight I will be feeding Brent and the kids so they can eat these and take them off my hands. Maybe some of my wonderful friends out there will be the recipients of future dishes that under no conditions can I have in the house or I will begin to take on the shape of my house.
Happy Eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment