Sunday, January 16, 2011

Well I am venturing back into the blogging world. I have another blog but haven't posted since July of "09 so basically I haven't posted in FOREVER. This blog will be different though, I have a venture in mind and Macy suggested I start by doing a cooking blog , so here I am.
I have been cooking for let's say quite a few years, but didn't grow up loving to cook. I didn't really start cooking until after I was married, which was 33 years ago. When I was home my mom or sister would do all the cooking. I guess they wanted to do it and I was ok with letting them. I'm pretty sure my mom just thought I wasn't capable and she could do it much faster and better. Anyway , I married and therefore started to cook. I remember early on making noodles one evening for supper and my husband asking what they were. If I remember correctly I threw the remaining dough at the wall and never attempted noodles again. I think my temper may have gotten the better of me in that situation, which as I look back now I think, what were you thinking girl. With that said I think my first venture into this blog will be making homemade noodles. I know they aren't difficult, my daughter Macy makes them all the time and tells me I can do it. It is one of the many dishes I remember my mom making as I was growing up, and oh they were sooooo good. I can still see them all rolled out and cut in strips, lying on the floured paper in the utility room drying. They would eventually be made into beef and noodles, which is one of my favorite dishes. And of course if you are from the Midwest you eat them on mashed potatoes. Oh my mouth is watering as I sit here thinking about them. So this week I will be making the noodles just like my mom did and I promise not to throw the dough at the wall, no matter how mad I might get.

1 comment:

  1. At least you didn't throw the dough at Ross! Your noodles and beef are so good! It truly is a Midwest treat!! I am glad you are blogging again!

    ReplyDelete